It’s quite a Burnley FC Women first team squad…here’s a chance to get to know them better!
Last season’s top goal scorer, Sarah Greenhalgh…
- Name Sarah Greenhalgh (used to be Buffel before I got married – hence the nickname ‘Buff’)
- Position Striker – although I think I’ve played in every position!
- Previous club(s) Rochdale Ladies and Manchester City Women
- Tell us a fact not many people know about you? I’m only 5’2!
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I genuinely had no idea; after uni, I actually looked into TV presenting.
- If you could have one super power what would it be? To fly!
- If you had to compare yourself to a Burnley FC men’s player, who would it be? Probably Ashley Barnes because he’s pretty tough on the pitch and the girls nicknamed me the ‘Burnley Beast’ 💪🏼 I tend to hurt my own players in training – by accident, of course!
- What would your final three course meal be? Calamari with garlic mayonnaise to start, followed by fillet steak and peanut butter cheesecake for dessert.
- What’s your biggest fear? I don’t necessarily have one – I joke about it all the time, but it’s probably when I’m too old to run about and play football anymore!
- If you could be a contestant on a TV game show, which would you choose? Ninja Warrior!
New 2019/20 signing, Kenedy Owen…
- Name Kenedy Owen
- Position Centre Mid
- Previous club(s) Sheffield FC and Manchester United
- What is your favourite footballing moment? Scoring top bins with my left foot on my debut for Burnley in pre-season!
- Do you have a nickname? My family call me Kenk or Kenco but at football it’s usually Ken as it’s the quickest to say on the pitch
- Who is your role mode? My mum!
- What’s your most annoying habit? Cracking my neck back and fingers
- If you could go back in time where would you go? To the dinosaurs
- Which three celebrities would you invite to your dream dinner party? Will Smith, Beyoncé to entertain and David Beckham
- Tell us your funniest joke I told my mum I’ve got a car made of spaghetti, she didn’t believe me…should have seen her face when I drove pasta 😉