If you are looking to take up your further education at Nelson and Colne College and love the idea of playing football alongside your studies then our Girls’ Post-16 Academy programme is for you…
The Girls’ Post-16 Academy programme is delivered by Burnley FC in the Community staff in partnership with Nelson and Colne College. The programme gives talented young players between the ages of 16 and 18 the chance to combine academic studies with practical football experience.
The scheme mirrors the boys’ Shadow Youth Team programme and is a fantastic opportunity to combine football playing skills with academic practice in the dynamic facilities at Nelson and Colne College and UCFB Burnley, Turf Moor.
This exciting academy scheme offers:
- The choice of a large selection of BTEC and A Level programmes delivered by Nelson and Colne College, including a BTEC Sport Level 3 Extended Diploma.
- Hours of dedicated coaching per week from qualified Burnley FC in the Community coaches.
- Regular Wednesday playing fixtures.
- Links with and opportunities to play for Burnley FC Women.
- A free Burnley FC training kit.
- Progression routes into higher education.
- A pathway into scholarship opportunities in America.
BFCitC and Nelson and Colne College offer emphasis on enhancing technical skills and ability, whilst supporting educational and career development.
The dates 2020 trial dates for the Girls’ Post-16 Academy have been confirmed as:
- Tuesday 18th February 2020 (12 – 2pm) at Nelson and Colne College 3G
- Tuesday 7th April 2020 (3 – 5pm) at Nelson and Colne College 3G
- Thursday 28th May 2020 (3 – 5pm) at Accrington & Rossendale 3G
- Thursday 2nd July 2020 (3 – 5pm) at Accrington & Rossendale 3G
To attend a trial please fill in the booking form on the Burnley FC in the Community website here.
To find out more information please contact Head Coach Taylor Gregson, on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 01282 704 716.